Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Listen Closely Wenesdays # 7



   Hi everyone! As my followers have by now learned, I am passionate about Young Adult books. But I also love many other forms of expression, including music. I truly believe in the quote that is pictured above and as such have decided to create a weekly meme that is dedicated to sharing music that I believe in, music that has touched me, made me laugh/cry or just plain feel something more. Every week, Listen Closely Wednesdays will talk about five songs that have been important to me that week, why they made the list and I will post all pertinent info about the song itself as well. If you wish to do this on your own blog, please credit me. It is something that I would love to share but I do want to be recognized as this having been my own, original idea. On that note, feel free to comment about the things I share with you or about the music that's on your mind at the time. I'd love to hear all about it! Without further adieu, let's kick off this week's Listen Closely Wednesday!

Five Songs That I Found This Week

1.  'Maybelline' sung by: Chuck Berry
- This song is available just about anywhere because it was Chuck's first single ever and a hit on the charts at a time when rock n' roll was just starting! :)

- Reason Behind It:  Obviously I've heard songs by Chuck Berry before, but I've never gone out of my way to listen to new stuff sung by him.  The only songs I've ever really heard have been in movies or on the radio.  Which is a shame, because this is a pretty great song and the lyrics are RACY for the 50s!


2.  'Change' sung by: The Lightning Seeds
- This song is available most easily on the soundtrack to the film 'Clueless' which is by no means difficult to find.

- Reason Behind It: I've always loved this song and I had never before bothered to know the name or who sings it.  That has thankfully been remedied.  It's a cheerful song, with a nice melody to it.  Just enough of a mid-90s feel to make me adore it.


3.  'Video Games' sung by: Lana Del Ray
- This song is newly available in the U.S., as of yesterday on Lana's debut album "Born to Die" (2012).  Should be easily found in the U.S. and U.K. (she is a British artist). 

- Reason Behind It:  If you don't already know, I'm obsessed with British artists for some unknown (probably subconcious) reason.  Lana Del Ray is deserving of much internation fame.  Her lyrics make me sing along and the music is honestly composed.  Plus, her voice is gorgeous. 


4.  'Ocean Wide' sung by: The Afters
- This song is easily found on YoutTube.  I'm unsure about iTunes or retail outlets as I haven't checked yet at this point.

- Reason Behind It:  There really is no reason other than the fact that I've completely fallen in love with this song.  Do I need any other reason?


5.  'Broken Arrow' sung by: Pixie Lott
- This is available on YouTube and on Amazon.com, if you import the album "Turn It Up Louder" which is not yet available in the U.S.  It is available in the U.K. though.

- Reason Behind It:  I've featured Pixie before because I absolutely love her, but somehow I've never talked about this song before.  This is the first song I ever heard by Pixie Lott and the lyrics make me melt because they are so TRUE.  You can't move on until you fully let go of the past, even if the future looks like it's going to be even more beautiful.


   That's all for this weeks edition of Listen Closely Wednesdays. I'm honored if you decided to read this post and I would love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening my friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!