Thursday, February 9, 2012

Not A Match For Me

Published: November 1st, 2011
Matched
By: Ally Condie
Dutton Juvenile
ISBN-13: 9780525423652


The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


Review

   Cassia is still holding on to the hope that being exiled from society will lead her to Ky, who has been pretty much marked for death.  Ky is just trying to survive and stay the kind of person that he thinks Cassia can love and believe in.  Cassia and Ky both escape from their prospective death camps to find The Rising, a group of people who have built a rebellion from civilization.  Along with them are Indie, Eli and Vick who are also looking for a better future.  But will any of them survive to see it?  And what secret is Ky keeping about Xander and his role in the rebellion?  This book was one I was excited to read.  That said, I ended up being bored out of my mind.  I read it up till the end, but it was a struggle and I really wanted to bitch-slap Ky and Cassia both, most of the time.  I truly disliked the change in style, that Condie used to give us Cassia's pov AND Ky's.  Unnecessary and not working in any way. shape or form in my opinion.  I will definitely not be reading the third book because I really have no desire to find out how things end.  This book could have been so much better for me, but it ended up being an epic fail and a complete waste of time.  I would not recommed this book to anyone.

VERDICT:  1.5/5  Stars

*No money or favors were exchanged for this review. This book is now available in stores and online.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!