Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Top Tens of 2012


     So, I don't know about you guys but 2012 was a year that introduced me to a lot of great new things!  I have been blogging for over a year now and this year's challenge on Goodreads was to read 380 books - which was a lot more than 2011's challenge of 225!  At some points I wasn't sure that I would make it, but although it was a close call I got there and actually went one book over! :)  While it was a good year for reading, I feel like my choice of top ten favorites wasn't as tough as last year's.  There are, as usual, some mainstream and some a little more obscure.  Just in case you guys are interested in finding out more on these books, I'll add a Goodreads link for each of them.  I have also decided to give my Top Ten T.V. Shows and Movies of the year as well this time.  I hope my fellow bloggers and readers can each find something new to explore on these lists.  Here comes my heavy task of making a list and checking it twice, only to be left with my definite favorites:

My Top Ten Books of 2012

10.   Paris In Love by Eloisa James (Goodreads)

9.  Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (Goodreads)

8.  Pushing Limits by Katie McGarry (Goodreads) 

7.  The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors (Goodreads)

6. Origin by Jessica Khoury (Goodreads)

5.  Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by R.L. LaFevers (Goodreads)

4.  Something Like Normal by Trish Doller  (Goodreads)

3.  Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (Goodreads)

2.  The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns #2) by Rae Carson (Goodreads)

1.  Amber House by Kelly Moore & Tucker Reed & Larkin Reed (Goodreads)


Top 10 Books That Didn't Quite Make the List (Not In Any Particular Order)

1.  Keeping the Castle by Patricia Kindl (Goodreads)

2.  Shadowfell (Shadowfell #1) by Juliet Marillier (Goodreads)

3.  Flutter by Gina Linko (Goodreads)

4.  Beta by Rachel Cohn (Goodreads)

5.  A Wrinkle In Time: The Graphic Novel by Hope Larson (Goodreads)

6.  Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal #2) by Stacey Jay (Goodreads)

7.  Jane by Robin Maxwell (Goodreads)

8.  How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr (Goodreads)

9.  Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey (Goodreads)

10.  Dust Girl (The American Fairy #1) by Sarah Zettel (Goodreads)


My Top 10 T.V. Shows of 2012

1.  Once Upon a Time

2.  Downton Abbey

3.  Vampire Diaries

4.  Hart of Dixie

5.  Don't Trust the B**** In Apt. 23

6.  Boardwalk Empire

7.  Merlin

8.  2 Broke Girls

9.  Neverland (SyFy Miniseries)

10.  Shameless


My Top 10 Movies of 2012

1.  Moonrise Kingdom

2.  Mirror, Mirror

3.  Brave

4.  Peace, Love & Misunderstanding

5.  John Carter

6.  The Avengers

7.  The Hunger Games  

8.  Salmon Fishing In the Yemen

9.  Cabin In The Woods

10.  Pitch Perfect


     There they are, the diamonds of 2012 that are at the top of the bunch.  Y'all should definitely take a look at some of the ones you might not have read, they are all great books, even if they're not as extremely well known as some to be published this year.  What books made your lists?  Also, these movies and T.V. shows are well worth your time too.  If anything sounds interesting, you should definitely give it a shot.  I hope you had as great of a year as I did, and let's have fun exploring 2013 together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!