Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday # 4

 
     Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, which allows bloggers to share lists of some of our favorite (and not-so favorite) things.  This week we’ll be highlighting the top ten books that we wish had a sequel!  With most of the YA books nowadays having sequels or being part of an even larger series, this is going to take some serious consideration!  Hopefully I can find ten to list out!  So here goes:
 
Top Ten Books I Wish Had Sequels
 
1.  Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen:  Yeah, I know this is probably going to be a really popular one for this list!  But there is good reason for that.  If you thought Darcy and Elizabeth's courtship was full of misunderstandings and witty exchanges, how would their first year of marriage be?  I would love to know, but I guess it's just an unsolved mystery for the ages (BTWs, as much as I love fan sequels, I'm Talking a real, honest to goodness Austen written sequel). 
 

2.  Christy by Catherine Marshall:  From the prologue we already kind of know what's going to happen after the ending anyways.  But that didn't stop me from wanting more of the wonderful romance of Christy and the person she chooses at the end!
 
3.  Firecracker by David Iserson:  Astrid cracked me up and her particular brand of sarcasm and insanity made for a truly fun read.  I would love to read a sequel wherein Astrid conquers college.  It would be a great time, with one of my favorite fictional characters.
 
4.  Also Known As by Robin Benway:  Whereas I can't seem to get into The Gallagher Girls books by Ally Carter, this was just the kind of spy book that could manage to make me read an entire series.  I loved Maggie and the everyday, family setting appealed to me.  I'd love to see this turn into a series.  Robin Benway has such a great sense of humor! :)
 
5.  Three Wishes (Karma Beat) by Juli Alexander:  I had so much fun reading this book!  The author really managed to world-build and make me interested in learning more about the genie U.N.I.V.E.R.S.E. she had created.  I really would love to know what happens next to her characters, especially as she did leave things open for a sequel.
 
6.  Origin by Jessica Khoury:  This is one of the most engrossing debut novels I've ever read.  It gives you so much to think about as a reader and by the end, I didn't want to let the characters go.  Would definitely like to have a few more adventures with them.
 
7.  Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey:  One of the few books about ghosts and the spiritualism craze of the late 1800s to early 1900s to strike exactly the right balance.  Absolutely loved it and would be more than happy to read a sequel.
 
8.  Ascendant (Killer Unicorns #2) by Diana Peterfreund:  So, yeah this is part of a series already.  But at the end of this book (which happens to be part of a duo, not a trilogy) I felt like I still had too many unanswered questions and really wanted another book to wrap things up.
 
9.  Enemies (The Hollow #4) by Christopher Golden:  Anyone who knows me should know that The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is one of my absolute obsessions.  In high school I read this quartet of books and loved them for what they were - cheap paperback publications, along the lines of the Fear Street series (only better).  This one left off with questions still raised and characters still in jeopardy.  Technically an ending, but not one I'm satisfied with.  Plus, I wanna know what happens with Amy and Hyde!!! :)
 
10.  The Riddles of Epsilon by Christine Morton-Shaw:  Had the beginnings of a really great fantasy series.  The creepy mystery with the riddles and the ghost were awesome.  Yet, no second book ever appeared much to the chagrin of me and one of my best friends, Hannah.  Where is it Ms. Morton-Shaw?  I'm still waiting 7 years later!!! :p
 
     What about all of you guys?  What top ten books need sequels in your opinions?  Can't wait to read all your lists and see if we have any in common!  Happy Tuesday y'all, great hanging out with you! :)
 
 
   
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Is Christy the one that became a TV series for awhile?

    The only one I've read of those is Pride and Prejudice, and I would LOVE more, too! :-)

    Thanks for stopping by Proud Book Nerd! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Known As is actually in my reviewing pile for this month- I can't wait to read it and it just sounds so intriguing! I also totally agree with P&P- that would be incredible. Just the thought of it makes me wonder what would happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firecracker sounds like a really good read, so does the book by Christine Morton-Shaw. I haven't heard of those titles before. Yay new discoveries! Agreed on the killer unicorn books, can never get enough of those :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!