Sunday, January 5, 2014

Book Blogger New Year's Challenge - Day 5


     So, usually when I'm hating a book I decide to DNF it - mostly to preserve my own sanity.  But I also have struggled with a massive guilt complex about not finishing what I've started.  So I tend to let myself get suckered in by books that start out not so bad, but tailspin into nightmare train-wrecks!  I don't know about worst, but the most memorably bad book I read in 2013 was Towering by Alex Flinn.  A seriously big mess of a book, but when there was a plot twist involving an LSD drug leaf being grown by enslaved people underground...yeah, just NO!!!  My review here.  Read at your own risk!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I've liked some of her other books, too bad this one didn't turn out so well.

    Worst Book of 2013

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!