Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #19 - Beach Bag Reads!


     Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, which allows bloggers to share lists of some of our favorite (and not-so-favorite) things.  This week we'll be highlighting the top ten books that will be in our beach bags this summer!
     
     I am ashamed to admit that this is my first TTT since February!  But I will say that my personal life has been kind of crazy.  My Mom was in the hosptial for the entire month of February, and I was basically running the household with my Dad during that time.  Then she spent most of March recovering, and in April and May I was working 70-80 hour work weeks at two different jobs, one of them very physically demanding.  I am still kind of exhausted and mentally drained, but I am making a comeback! :D  So, here are the ten books that I want in my beach bag this summer!

Top Ten Books In Anna's Beach (and Park) Bag this Summer

One Good Knight (The 500 Kingdoms #2) by Mercedes Lackey:  This is the last book in the series that I haven't read yet!  Desperately want to finish it, and it's light (and humorous) enough for a beach read.

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart:  I keep hearing everyone talk about how great this book is!  Is it good enough to be my intro to E. Lockhart?  It's definitely small enough to take to the beach.

My Faire Lady by Laura Wettersten:  This sounds so cute, and like the perfect summer book!  The main character works at a Ren Faire!  What's more summery than that? :)

The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry:   It sounds like a historical kid's book version of Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead - it's bound to be hilarious and kick-ass in other words!

Nantucket Red (Nantucket #2) by Leila Howland:  Nantucket Blue, the first in the series, was one of my favorite reads last summer.  I'm excited to read what happens next with Cricket!

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt:  I read this book every summer, because it's a classic that I love.  It's about life, death and the consequences of both.

Making Money (Discworld #36) by Terry Pratchett:  I need to get on this already!  I loved Going Postal, so I don't know why I haven't read this one yet.  And I think there's a third one coming out with Moist, Adora, et all coming out soon.  I'm behind!

*Edit: It's called Raising Steam and has been out since November 2013!  I am officially pathetic!

Fortunately, The Milk by Neil Gaiman:  Because I need more Neil Gaiman in my life, and I seem to gravitate more to his kid's books (they are wonderful).  This sounds like fun!

Landline by Rainbow Rowell:  If you have not read anything by this lady, do yourself a favor and pick up her stuff!  If you have, you get why I'm dying for July to get here already!

Llanview in the Afternoon: An Oral History of One Life To Live by Jeff Giles:  What's more perfect to read about at the beach than the history of a soap opera?  I watched this on and off from 1998-ish till it went off network TV in 2012.  I would love to get my hands on a copy of this book!

That's my list for the week, I hope you find something interesting on it!  I can't wait to see everyone else's beach read hopefuls, and I would love to have a conversation in the comments.  I'll see you all again next week! :D

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I forgot to include My Faire Lady! I read Tuck Everlasting for English class in seventh grade and remember it being a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really hoping to get to We Were Liars and Landline soon too! And, who doesn't love a bit of Gaiman? (Ignoring the fact I've never read one).

    x Ely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwe, I seen the movie of 'Tuck Everlasting'. I didn't know it was based off a book....or I forgot....idk. I'll have to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great list! I definitely think you should jump into We Were Liars. It's quick and it's about summer on an island! And Landline! And Fortunately, the Milk! So much good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!