Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #22: Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait For!


1.  The Retribution of Mara Dyer By Michelle Hodkin:  This was released a couple weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for my library hold to come in.  TWO YEARS of waiting for this one!!!  It was supposed to come out last year and I'm dying to see what happens.

2.  Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars #2) By Rob Thomas & Jennifer Graham:  Kind of a cheat, since I already read it (I was NetGalley approved).  But I LOVED it so much and want my own copy!  Also, my e-galley was missing the last few pages.  It will torture me until January!!!

3.  Untitled (The Chronos Files #3)  By Rysa Walker:  There is no title or cover yet, but I can't help being excited for this one!  The way the second book left off (huge cliffhanger!), I desperately want to know what happens next.  One of the best time travel series I've ever read!

4.  The Wicked Will Rise  By Danielle Paige:  Eagerly awaited sequel to one of the more entertaining and well built novels I read this past year.  I will be interested to see what happens to Amy Gumm and the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked!  *I am somewhat torn on even reading this, due to the whole Kathleen Hale business and Paige's support of her on Twitter.  Not okay.

5.  The Winner's Crime  By Marie Rutkowski:  Arin and Kestrel's further adventures are of immediate interest to me!  The first book was so different and odd, but really well written.  I'm curious to see how Rutkowski expands on her original world/culture and what she does to her characters.  Especially Kestrel, whose life is a MESS.

6.  Untitled (Starbound #3)  By Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner:  Even though I didn't like This Shattered World as much as the first book in the series, I'm curious to see if Kaufman & Spooner choose yet another two new characters to write about, or revisit their past ones.  Either way, it'll be an intriguing read.

7.  Every Last Breath  By Jennifer L. Armentrout:  OMG!  Zayne or Roth???!!!  I don't know anymore and I will be satisfied AND crushed by the end of this trilogy, no doubt.  The power of JLA, I'm tellin' ya!

8.  Oblivion (Nevermore #3)  By Kelly Creagh:  This book was originally slated for 2013 - its current release date is July 28th, 2015!  TWO YEARS!!!  'Nuff said.

9.  Dearest  By Alethea Kontis:  I kind of loved Friday in the last two books and I'm super glad she's getting her own story.  The fact that it's a semi-retelling of the Wild Swans fairy tale is just a bonus!

10.  Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke  By Anne Blankman:  I haven't even read the first one yet.  But I have it on my Kindle and I have an overwhelming feeling I'm going to love it, the way I didn't exactly love "Code Name Verity."  I will be chomping at the bit for the second one!!! :D

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of these series. I have the audiobook of The Winner's Curse though. I need to get to it...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!